At Albrecht Burrows, our edge is that we combine a deep technical expertise with a profound commercial understanding of our clients’ businesses - and apply a creative, customised and pragmatic approach to solutions. Our focus is always commercial, and we pride ourselves on never giving a client the easy answer. Our starting point is that anything can be done.
Albrecht Burrows is a boutique law firm with specialisations in financial services, disputes, fintech/new business, and privacy/cyber security. We put customers’ information at the forefront of the discussion to deliver holistic and pragmatic advice. We believe in balancing sound information governance practices, privacy, risk management, and information security while enabling organisations to leverage digital strategies as a central driver of service delivery. We regularly advise organisations on effective and pragmatic management of domestic and cross-border initiatives that embrace risk to drive business.
We provide a broad range of service in cyber, data protection, and privacy incorporating the specialist knowledge of our team including cross-disciplinary computer scientist lawyers with 20+ yrs cyber security and privacy advisory and incident response experience including:
- Privacy Management + Privacy Impact Assessments
- Cyber Risk + Data Protection health checks, assessments & advisory
- Domestic + Cross-Border ICT Services Agreements
- Data Breach Coaching + Data Breach Notification Regimes
- Information Governance + Policy
- Intellectual Property in Cyberspace
- EU General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR), Australian Privacy Act and Consumer Data Rights, Spam Act, Do No Call Register Act, Workplace Surveillance and Privacy, PIPEDA, HIPPA, and the California Consumer
- Regulator and Industry Body Engagement
- Cyber and Privacy Risk Due Diligence
We also offer Data Protection Officer as a Service / Privacy Officer as a Service packages.